The MPA NRW offers the following testing services for sandwich elements.
- Material tests according to DIN EN 14509
- Tests, surveillance and certification based on the general approval of the German Institute for Structural Engineering
- Approval tests
- Material tests according to the regulations of EPAQ (European Quality Assurance for Panels and Profiles)
- Technological characteristic values of the core layer: gross density, tensile strength, compressive strength, shear strength, modulus of elasticity from tensile, compression and shear tests, closed-cellness, thermal conductivity, dimensional stability, water absorption, cell gas analysis
- Component properties in the component test: bending tests for single span beams, long-term bending tests, creep tests, carrying moment over the pillar
- Properties of the surface layers and coatings (corrosion protection) as well as reaction of sandwich elements and building materials to fire are tested in other departments of the MPA NRW